Spotify Listen to at Trey Helps segment on 95SX - More than A Barbeque: Memorial Day Reflections and Toddler Tunes

I Was Hurt in a Car Accident…What Do I Do Now?

Posted on

Suffering injuries in a car accident can often lead to much anxiety and many questions about how you can receive compensation as a result of someone else’s negligence. It is overwhelming trying to navigate in the best manner possible between medical bills, property damages, lost wages, and your own personal pain and suffering. We compiled some of the questions we are asked frequently to be able to help you navigate this difficult time. If you have any other concerns please reach out to our Charleston car accident lawyer today.

How am I supposed to pay my medical bills following my car accident?

After being injured in a car accident, it is often guaranteed that you will have medical bills involving, but not limited to hospitalizations, surgeries, physical therapy, prescription medicines, or continued treatments. In most cases, your health insurance company will pay for these medical bills while awaiting determinations in your settlement with the insurance company of the other driver. After a determination regarding a settlement offer is received, the insurance company of the other driver reimburses your own health insurance company as well as your medical providers for any bills paid regarding your treatments.

I don’t have a valid driver’s license. Can I still receive compensation?

Not having a valid driver’s license will not prevent you from receiving the compensation you deserve as a result of someone else’s negligence. It is important to note, however, that the police officer preparing the accident report may issue you a citation for driving without a valid license.

Am I going to have to speak to the other driver’s insurance company myself?

The negligent driver’s insurance company will contact you to receive information regarding the accident as well as your injuries. It is very important that you never agree to have these conversations recorded. It is also important that you do not provide them with unnecessary information. This would include details regarding how you currently feel or if you played a role in the cause of the accident. The insurance company of the negligent driver only has the right to view medical documents that relate to the specific accident involving their client. Never agree to sign a release of your complete medical history.

For answers to any other questions you might have… Don’t Delay Call Trey Today!

The time following a car accident is often very overwhelming, so it is quite likely that you have more questions surrounding how to best navigate what you are going through, as well as the compensation you are eligible for regarding the injuries and damages you have suffered. Trey Harrell Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorney is committed to working on your behalf to ensure you receive the answers you need as well as the best settlement possible for your case. Contact Attorney Trey Harrell at 843.636.8739 today to learn how we can help you.

Disclaimer: Information in this blog is intended for informative purposes only and not legal advice. Please consult with a licensed attorney before you make any decisions on legal matters. Further, viewing of this information does not create an attorney-client relationship with Trey Harrell Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorney. Matters will be handled by an attorney who primarily practice out of our office in Charleston County located at 2000 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. Charleston, SC 29407. Robert W. “Trey” Harrell, III is the attorney responsible for this posting.

Contact Us


For a Free Consultation

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
100% Secure and Confidential