Here are some benefits of having a will:
- You can determine which of your heirs will share in your property (order of priority, and retrospective shares).
- You can also leave specific items of property to specific people.
- You can leave shares to a charity of your choice or to your church.
- If you have minor children or a family member who is unable to look after their own affairs, you can nominate someone in your will to act as guardian or care for the child or family member.
- You may make gifts into a trust, and appoint a trustee to administer your property to benefit your survivors.
- You can provide for final disposition of your property held by you and your spouse.
*About Attorney Trey Harrell: A former prosecutor and judicial law clerk, Trey Harrell defends clients against various criminal charges including drug crimes, DUI, CDV, and fraud charges, as well as college students and juvenile crimes. Additionally, Attorney Trey Harrell also handles Federal and State investigations. He also represents individuals in Civil Matters including Auto Accidents, Wrongful Deaths and various Professional Licensing Defense cases. Trey Harrell is the owner of the Trey Harrell Law Office, LLC, located in Charleston, but serves clients across the Palmetto State.
**Please be aware that the use of this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. Attorney Trey Harrell is not your attorney until agreed upon in writing. This website, along with any website to which we link, is designed for educational and informational purposes, not as legal advice. Each person’s legal matter is unique and requires the review of an attorney licensed in that person’s jurisdiction.